Friday, April 10, 2009

Vacation Day 10

Friday, April 10, 2009
The littles (CJ, Andrew, Katie), Steve, and I drove to Tybee Island to watch the sun come up today. We collected shells and enjoyed the locals. I took a picture of a guy with a tiny car with a huge surf board. Some of the old houses are gorgeous! The overhanging trees are beautiful, too.

When we got back to our hotel in Pooler, GA, we ate and cleaned up and took off for the Great Smokey Mountains National Park. I fell asleep in the sunshine and woke up in the rain. We decided to enjoy the Smokey Mountains from our truck. There was a warning sign on the side of the road of a tornado warning in the area. I called Jay and he told me that further North the weather was better. It rained and hailed hard for a long time, but we finally saw the sun a couple hours later.

We cancelled our hotel reservation in Jonesborough, TN and just drove until we felt like stopping. We ate dinner at a BBQ joint called Sonny’s in …. Ummmm…. I don’t know where. Nick and Anthony and I had all-you-can-eat ribs for $10.99 - - a heck of a deal. They were great ribs and great fixins. Tonight we’re sleeping in Lexington, Kentucky. The folks were nice enough to let us swim for an hour after pool closing time.

Is it too much to ask for a clean bathroom? I’ve been in bathrooms all over the South Eastern parts of our fine country this week. Katie has a bladder the size of a quarter. I don’t want to have to wipe off the seat or find toilet paper on the floor or wonder when the last drop of bleach was used in the sink. So, here’s the deal….. you want me to buy something at your store or station? Give me a clean bathroom. I’m only going to spend my money at places that offer clean facilities. So there.

We’ll probably wear jeans tomorrow. It’s so sad to see the shorts and skirts go!

No comments: