Friday, August 15, 2008

Reunion

I went to my 20 year high school reunion. Steve and I met a bunch of my friends - I still consider them good friends even though we only see eachother a couple times each year - at a restaurant called The Lakehouse on Forest Lake. The parking lot of the place is actually where my old house was torn down. We laughed, looked at old pictures, and talked before going to the real reunion.

Steve and I went in through the bar entranced and crashed the party. It wasn't worth the $85/person anyway. At first I didn't know who to talk to - everybody looked so old! Steve kept getting me drinks from the bar and I mingled more and more as the night went on. He was great - putting up with my shinanigans. I have a couple pictures I'll add sometime soon.

I learned to sew cushions for my deck swing and chairs. I made four cushions tonight - yes, a very exciting Friday night! I'll make the other four antoher time. I have to finish spray painting the swing and chairs, too.

Upcoming event - kayak trip in the Apostle Islands. I'm nervous about the weather. But, i figure I can do ANYTHING for 2 days and I will survive. ;)

No comments: